Award-winning architect, Richard Henriquez of Henriquez Partners Architects, will create a dynamic mix of studios, exhibition, and performance areas for existing and future programming. The new Arts Umbrella core facility will provide a space in which young people can fully express themselves through the arts and share their passions with the community.
With your support, we can more than double our current net square footage, providing access to more studios, and, for the first time ever, on-site performance and exhibition venues. It will take youth arts education experiences to a whole new level. Our doors will also be open to professional and community artists and performance groups, promoting continued community interactions between artists of all ages, levels, and disciplines. A strong core facility will also act as a base from which we provide more community outreach programming.
Highlights of our new home will include:
- 7 Dance studios designed to suit dancers of all ages and experience.
- 5 Theatre & Music studios with specialized technical and audio equipment to support multi-media applications.
- 8 Visual, Applied & Media Arts studios with state-of-the-art media labs and high-quality tools and supplies.
- A 160-seat professional theatre for our emerging arts community.
- A publicly accessible exhibition gallery on the ground floor that will inspire and showcase the works of students and visiting artists.
- New workshop spaces for woodworking, stagecraft building, and general fabrication will enhance our capacity to train professionals for the arts and entertainment industries.